Lindsay nance, audiobook narrator
Mic: AKG P420 | Focusrite, Scarlet 2i2 | ART TubeMP Preamp
Lindsay is a classically trained actor and a graduate of the University of Tennessee with her MFA in Acting. With experience in stage and film, as well as a great love of Shakespeare, favorite credits are vast. A few that have left lasting impressions are Medea, (Titan Theatre), A Midsummer’s Night Dream, (the Clarence Brown Theatre) and every production of A Christmas Carol she’s had the privilege to be a part of! This breadth of work has cultivated her voice with the ability to portray nuanced, thoughtful, and curious characters. At the same time she is adept at expressing big emotions with the ability to navigate complex and poetic texts. Often described as vacillating between “girl next door” and “ice queen”, Lindsay’s experience taking on opposing character types makes her well suited to bring to life a variety of stories, most notably in the genres of Mystery and Thriller, YA, Fantasy, and Self-help. Whether it’s a character she’s dubbing for television, or bringing a writer’s work to life in an audiobook, you can trust her work to honor the vision of her fellow creators.
Fun Facts + Behind the Scenes
- I'm a 200 hour certified Yoga teacher, currently teaching a variety of classes, mostly online, but sometimes in person. For more info on my yoga work check it out here.
- In the past few years I've become very interested in minimalism + decluttering and really considering the "things" that have space in my life. Yes, I do have an affinity for Marie Kondo. Honestly, I find her relaxing.
- I'm a dual U.S. / Canadian citizen recently transplanted from NYC to Winnipeg.
- My first home studio was in the closet of my Brooklyn apartment. I had to step one leg over my chair to sit down and once I was in there was no moving! I also had to stop recording every few minutes because, "city sounds".
- My studio is now in a walk-in closet where I can sit or stand or even have a small dance party if I'm in the mood!